Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Life Is A Funny Thing

Isn't it funny how you never know where life will take you? You can make all kinds of plans that never happen. You can think you know exactly where you are going and then BAM...you are headed in a complety different direction altogether. This is how I feel about my life right now. I am headed into the unknown, taking a huge leap of faith. And I would be lying if I didnt say that I am utterly terrified of what is in store. Excited, yes..but feelings of fear and doubt keep finding me and leave me paralyzed. Now more than ever, I lose myself in my own thoughts. I could sit and think for hours and my mind would still be just as cluttered as it was when i began. Yet, through it all, one thing always remains the same. The subtle feelings of calm and assurance that wash me to the shore right before I am seemingly swept away under deep currents. Burning in my soul of truth. Strengthening the desire that began all these strange yet exhilarating connections in the first place.

4 comments:

mary plus vince said...

gwenie -- i'm so proud of you for serving a mission! you're a rock star! love ya!

Samantha Kennicott said...

Gwen you are awesome! It is really brave to serve a mission and I know you will be great at it.

Eliza said...

(note: I'm Mary's sister)

but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS Sister O. on your mission call!! Serving a mission does take a huge leap of faith but you are blessed ten fold for it.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.